Welcome to the WV Statewide
West Point Bridge Design Contest
- U.S. students grades 6-12 are eligible for prizes.
- An Internet-based bridge design competition that is nationally put on by The United States Military Academy.
- The purpose of this Internet-based competition is to provide middle school and high school students with a realistic, engaging introduction to engineering.
- Software is available for download on January 13
- Qualifying Round starts January 14
- WV Statewide Qualifying Round ends on March 31
- WV Statewide Competition on May 16-17, Huntington, WV
- National Qualifying ends on May 2
- National Semi-Final Round is on May 30
- National Final Round is on June 27-29 at West Point
WV Statewide Competition Prizes
- Each first place team member will receive $400
- Each second place team member will receive $300
- Each third place team member will receive $200
- All other qualifying team members will receive $100
National Competition Prizes
- Each member of the first place team will receive a $10,000 scholarship.
- Each member of the second place team will receive a $5,000 scholarship.
- Each member of the six finalist teams will win a Laptop Computer.